SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
|Loss of energy||Hopelessness||Feelings of Guilt||Social withdrawal|
|Persistent lethargy||Suicidal thoughts||Indecisiveness||Irritability|
|Unexplained pains||Prolonged sadness||Inability to enjoy former interests|
|Unexplained aches||Unexplained crying spells||Feelings of worthlessness|
|Significant appetite changes||Inability to concentrate|
|Significant changes in sleep patterns||Indifference|
Facts About Depression
- Depression strikes nearly 20 million Americans each year.
- Two-thirds of people suffering from depression do not seek the necessary treatment.
- Treatment works. More than 80% of all people with clinical depression who receive proper treatment significantly improve their lives.
- The suicide rate is as high as 15% for people who fail to seek treatment for their severe depression.
- Screenings are often times the first step in getting help.